It’s that frightful time of year again….
Come one, come all to the 2nd annual Halloween Spooktacular Empire of the Dead game to be held Sunday October 29 at 7th Dimension Games.
For those who missed last year, Empire of the Dead is a Victorian Horror Skirmish miniatures game from Westwind. Each player commands a small party of about 10 figures on a quest to fulfill hidden objectives….and kill whoever gets in your way. But be careful - the other parties may be out to get you. Muhahahaha……
Pre-game starts at 12:00 with game start at 1:00 p.m.
Please RSVP here or at that store.
Legend of the Five Rings wasn't the only game that arrived this week, but it was the one we were most excited for.
- Ascension: Valley of the Ancients - This standalone game adds Temples to the popular deck building game. Temples are resources that are powerful, but can be stolen by your opponents!
- Betrayal at Baldur's Gate - The popular game Betrayal at the House on the Hill meets D&D in this new board game!
- Magic Maze - a real-time, cooperative game. Our adventuring party must steal the equipment they need for the next adventure. The whole game lasts less than 15 minutes.
- Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Card Game - a deck-building game that challenges you to grow up and prepare for your finest hour. Players assume the roles of their favorite characters in the Scott Pilgrim universe, each of whom comes with a unique starting deck. You must decide whether to solve your problems with hard work and empathy, or whether to embrace the unpredictable world of gratuitous video game violence
Back in 1995 a new collectible card game arrived on the scene, the Legend of the Five Rings (L5R). Drawing inspiration feudal Japan and other Asian cultures. It told the story of the land of Rokugan. The game lasted for 20 years. Then there was a year of silence.
This week, on October 5th, the Legend of the Five Rings returns as a new Living Card Game (LCG) with new mechanics and story, and you are invited to join the Great Clans, uphold the tenets of Bushido, and fulfill your duty to your daimyo and the Emperor in a world shaped and changed by a dynamic, player-influenced story. The game can be won through might or honor, or be lost through dishonor.
For those of you not familiar with LCGs, the cards are sold in fixed packs - so there is no randomization, you always know what you are buying.
October 14th, starting when we open the door at 11 AM we will be holding our launch party, the first 24 people will receive a lanyard, badge, and clan sticker sheet.
Facebook users! please tell us you are coming - we will make it worth your while. If you hate Facebook, just comment here and you will be available for the special drawing of upgraded tokens.
Come on in and learn the game!
Friday, October 6th, 7th Dimension Games will be donating half our profits from the day to Play for Puerto Rico.
All day long, anything you buy, a puzzle, a board game, paint, or a card game counts towards a donation to the organization.
Friday night, at 7PM, we will be running Friday Night Magic. We run 3 events for Magic the Gathering at once: Standard, Draft and Commander - all of these qualify for donations to Play for Puerto Rico.
On a regular basis we order from game supply warehouse in New Jersey. The president of the company, Sito Sanchez, is from Puerto Rico and has set up a Go Fund Me account to reach the country through properly vetted and trusted organizations. All of the money will go to assist the most immediate needs for the country: medical supplies, fuel and building materials.
If you'd like to make an additional donation, we will be able to accept those too, and pass them along.
Oct 7th, at 1PM, will we be holding our next Star Wars Destiny event! A $5 entry includes a participation booster, and prize boosters at the end of the event. The prize pool will contain 1 booster pack for every player, paid out at the end of the event to anyone with a positive record (in a 3 round event, you must go 2-1 for a prize).
We are setting aside 16 prerelease boxes for our Friday release event. Come out to Friday Night Magic and play a sealed event! Or, if you want, come out and draft.
Since we only have 16 boxes, we are taking sign ups in store and online.
Also! Sunday at 1 PM will be an Ixalan draft and Monday is the start of Ixalan League.
This Tuesday, Sept 26 at 7PM, we’re going to try a Star Wars Destiny Booster Draft.
Each player buys 8 packs:
- 2 Awakenings Booster Packs
- 2 Spirit of Rebellion Booster Packs
- 4 Empire at War Booster Packs
Each player should bring to the game 30 points of non-Legendary characters and one Battlefield. Your characters may be comprised of either or both affiliations (both Light and Dark Side is permitted). Elite characters are allowed. Characters from Starter Sets are allowed.
- Each player opens 1 pack of Awakenings, 1 pack of Spirit of Rebellion, and 2 packs of Empire at War, confirms that the rare/legendary cards match the dice, and place all dice in the center of the table.
- Players then simultaneously pick one card to keep and place it face down in front of them.
- All other cards are simultaneously passed to the player on the left.
- Players continue to pick and pass until all cards have been chosen.
The steps are followed a second time, only passing the packs to the right.
After both rounds of drafting are completed, players claim the dice matching the cards they drafted.
Once drafting is completed, players are given 30 minutes to build a 20-card deck. The deck must adhere to card color rules, but does NOT have to adhere to affiliation rules. Players may replace characters they brought with characters they drafted, but must play with no more than 30 points of characters. Drafted Legendary characters are allowed.
Players will then play three 30-minute games, Swiss-matched. Players may change their decks in between games, but must stick to the cards they brought or drafted.
Undefeated players get 2 prize packs, players that went 2-1 get 1 pack. All players may keep all the cards and dice they drafted.
Friday, the 22nd, we have a midnight prerelease. Since sets are rotating out, we want to give them one last draft.
So, at 7 PM we will be running a $10 Eldritch Moon draft, then you can stick around for the Midnight prerelease.