Oct 7th, at 1PM, will we be holding our next Star Wars Destiny event! A $5 entry includes a participation booster, and prize boosters at the end of the event. The prize pool will contain 1 booster pack for every player, paid out at the end of the event to anyone with a positive record (in a 3 round event, you must go 2-1 for a prize).
We are setting aside 16 prerelease boxes for our Friday release event. Come out to Friday Night Magic and play a sealed event! Or, if you want, come out and draft.
Since we only have 16 boxes, we are taking sign ups in store and online.
Also! Sunday at 1 PM will be an Ixalan draft and Monday is the start of Ixalan League.
This Tuesday, Sept 26 at 7PM, we’re going to try a Star Wars Destiny Booster Draft.
Each player buys 8 packs:
- 2 Awakenings Booster Packs
- 2 Spirit of Rebellion Booster Packs
- 4 Empire at War Booster Packs
Each player should bring to the game 30 points of non-Legendary characters and one Battlefield. Your characters may be comprised of either or both affiliations (both Light and Dark Side is permitted). Elite characters are allowed. Characters from Starter Sets are allowed.
- Each player opens 1 pack of Awakenings, 1 pack of Spirit of Rebellion, and 2 packs of Empire at War, confirms that the rare/legendary cards match the dice, and place all dice in the center of the table.
- Players then simultaneously pick one card to keep and place it face down in front of them.
- All other cards are simultaneously passed to the player on the left.
- Players continue to pick and pass until all cards have been chosen.
The steps are followed a second time, only passing the packs to the right.
After both rounds of drafting are completed, players claim the dice matching the cards they drafted.
Once drafting is completed, players are given 30 minutes to build a 20-card deck. The deck must adhere to card color rules, but does NOT have to adhere to affiliation rules. Players may replace characters they brought with characters they drafted, but must play with no more than 30 points of characters. Drafted Legendary characters are allowed.
Players will then play three 30-minute games, Swiss-matched. Players may change their decks in between games, but must stick to the cards they brought or drafted.
Undefeated players get 2 prize packs, players that went 2-1 get 1 pack. All players may keep all the cards and dice they drafted.
Friday, the 22nd, we have a midnight prerelease. Since sets are rotating out, we want to give them one last draft.
So, at 7 PM we will be running a $10 Eldritch Moon draft, then you can stick around for the Midnight prerelease.
- The Ruhr: A Story of Coal Trade - Money is always scarce in this game where players sell coal to buy new technologies to produce better coal so that they can build buildings. A very tight complex game.
- Fate of the Elder Gods - Players are competing cultists trying to summon their one ancient evil to destroy mankind. Using cards and dice, you try to control areas and gain more powers
- Flip Ships - A co-operative game to protect the planet from aliens by piloting (fliping cards) space ships.
- Ice Cool - Players are young penguins trying to sneak out and get some fish. Each turn one player is Hall Monitor and tries to stop them. Moves are made by flicking the penguins down the hallways!
- Lazer Ryderz - A Tron inspired game of making paths to capture the Prisms to go to the next level. Speed is required, but the faster you go, the harder to turn.
- Five Tribes: Whims of the Sultan - Expansion that adds a fifth player and new mechanisms to "please the Sultan"
- DC Deck-Building Game: Multiverse Box - A box to house your DC Deck Builder cards, with crossover cards to combine previous game versions.
Since, Ixalan, the newest set of Magic the Gathering, has pirates and dinosaurs. We will be giving out a prize pack for anyone in the event that comes in a pirate or dinosaur costume.
Don't forget that the Magic Open House is Saturday, the 16th!
Our release event for Star Wars Destiny: Empire at War will be Tuesday evening. We have 3 promo cards to give each attendee that 1) attends, 2) plays 2 games as one affiliation and 3) either resolves any 3 dice with a single action or replaces 3 upgrades during a single game.
When you come out, talk to us about future Tuesday night drafts.
- Unearth - Players explore ancient ruins. Although each turn starts with a dice roll, the best strategy should win in this hour long game.
- Smash Up Big in Japan - The newest expansion contains anime fighting girls, cute collectible critters that are totally not Pokémon, colorful fighters that are in no way Power Rangers, and Godzilla.
- Hotshots - The cooperative game of wildfire fighters.
- Munchkin: Rick and Morty - The classic back stabbing game with the theme of Rick & Morty
Saturday, July 29th, we will be running a Game of Thrones Melee. The winner gets a free copy of a chapter pack, which may be used on the next one that comes out.
Entry is a purchase of $5 store credit.